Simrad AP70 Mk2 Autopilot Controller
Wheelmarked for use on SOLAS vessels
The AP70 Mk2 builds on, and continues the legacy of the SIMRAD Pro autopilot product portfolio. Its performance, robustness and quality are proven and recognised with the wheelmark symbol, making it suitable for all vessels ranging from small work- boats to large tankers.
Advanced configuration and tuning options to suit all ships
Parameters ranges and tuning options to support vessel dynamics. Adjustable for all weather conditions, hull types, work situations. Suitable for retro-fit on old ships as well as modern new-builds.
Compatible with all common rudder/drive types
Water jet, Azi-pods, Voith-Schneider, Rudder, outboard. Control signals to control, hydraulic pumps, solenoids, analog current/voltage, control/handshake signals.
Up to 6 rudders/thrusters integration
Dual rudders, fore and aft thrusters supports large and complex installations and redundancy.
Heavy-duty rudder feedback support
Simrad heavy-duty rudder feedbacks are supported.
Configurable Work Mode and Low/High Speed Modes
Autopilot settings can be tuned for optimal performance in separate low-speed, high-speed, and Work modes. The user-configurable Work mode allows the autopilot system to be configured for optimal response in a specific situation, such as a fully laden vessel, configurable thruster usage.
No Drift Steering
No Drift mode integrates GPS navigation with auto-steering, using position data to counteract the effects of wind and tide. This allows the AP70 Mk2 to maintain a straight track over ground on the current course, without the need to manually set a waypoint or route.
Navigation steering, route following
Navigation steering controls the ship on a pre-planned route from a Simrad MFD, Simrad ECDIS or third party MFD and ECDIS.
Command transfer and multiple control stations support
Command transfer is a mechanism useful in multi-controller installations. It enables the officer on watch to allow, deny the transfer of autopilot control to control devices such as a secondary AP70 Mk2 or a remote controller on a bridge wing station, above deck, or aft bridge depending on the work scenario. The AP70 Mk2 can also be used in an open configuration, where control flow is unrestricted.
- Wheelmarked for use on board SOLAS vessels (IMO, MED-B)
- Advanced configuration and tuning options to suit all ships
- Compatible with all common rudder/drive types
- Up to 6 rudders/thrusters integration
- Heavy-duty rudder feedback support
- Configurable work modes and low/high speed modes
- No Drift steering holds course against wind and tide
- Navigation steering, route following
- Command transfer and multiple control stations support
- PC Connectivity: 1 x Ethernet port
- Compass Safe: 0,4m (15,75")
- Power Consumption typical: 0,7/0,4 A at 12V DC, 0,4/0,3 A at 24 V DC backlight full/off
- Power Consumption max: 0.7A at 12V, 0.4A at 24V
- Weight: 1,4 kg (3,1 lbs)
- Supply Voltage: 12/24VDC +30 -10%
- Viewing Angles: 170° viewing angle
- NMEA 2000 Connectivity: 1x CAN Micro-C port, 1 LEN
- Warranty Period: 2 years
- Dimensions W x H x D: 253 x 144 x 54mm (9,92 x 5,67 x 2,13 ")
- Storage Temperature Range: -25C to +70C (-13F to +158F)
- Recommended Fuse Rating: 2A
- Operating Temperature Range: -30C to +55C (-22F to +131F)
- Display Resolution: 480 x 480
- Languages: English(US), English(UK), Danish, German, Spanish, Finnish, French, Greek, Icelandic, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Swedish, Afrikaans, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Bulgarian, Hebrew, Hungarian, Slovak, Russian, Ukrainian
- Waterproofrating: Exposed IPx6
- Mounting Type: Flush, bracket
- Type Approval: HCS, HSC, Wheelmark, US Coastguard, CCS, and RMRS approved depending on autopilot computer
- Interface: Keypad and rotary dial
- Approvals Compliance: MED-B-7837-DNV, MED-B-7918-DNV, MED-D-Navigation Equipment
- Compasssensor support: NMEA2000, NMEA0183
- Steering Modes: Non Follow Up (NFU), Follow Up (FU), Auto, NoDrift, Nav
- Engine Drive systems integration: Reversible pump, Solenoid valve on/off, Proportional valve, Analog, CAN (SG05Pro)
- Rudder sensor support: RF300, RF45X, RF25N, RF70, RF14XU
- N2K PGNs: See SI80 Signal Interface
- Manouevres Turn Patterns: U-turn, S-turn
- Backlight Color: White/Red